Monday, March 19, 2007

2003 Retro Post #0001!

I've been asked a lot lately what I'm going to be doing when I finally graduate from college/university/'high school 2 electric boogaloo'. And I can't answer them! I do not know. I haven't decided. I don't think I will for a couple months. Maybe for a whole year. But I'm weighing my options and deciding where the heck I'm going to steer this oil rig of knowledge bullion.

I've gone back into the Grand Archive of the Daily Brains PZ! The glorious days when I decided that I was going to be an illustrator. For 107 straight days I was able to create consistent art, and blog it before the inane term "blog" was ever coined. Unheard of from the art weakling I am. But oekaki was on the rise and the crappier the tablet you had the better work you could make. Back when Falcoon could update every day and Sega quietly ruled the world.

Anyway, I've run into some creative blocks. Supernatural creative blocks. My ideas are pretty lame. So I'm going to make a return of sorts. What sparked me? What drove a sane mind into the madness of an unfounded art degree? I still don't know, but I can feel the heat of the blood beneath the poorly thought out works. Some of which are even oekaki and fanart. But I will tell you there was spirit! I'll tell you what I find.

Until then, here are some starlets from the 2003 PZ era.CIRCA October 2003
I drew tech ninjas before ninjas were cool. See what I was talking about? You may not believe me, but I know I was in before fish net stocking ninjas for sure. What is that all about?! CIRCA early 2004
An assassin drone. There was a story behind this. I really don't remember what that was. But if you're observant you'll see where all the fragments and parts came from. Yes, probably one the most influential things to me in the last five years.

CIRCA Jan 2004
Nightmare. Probably done with a calligraphy nib pen. Remember Soulcalibur 2 just barely came out of all three consoles. I had it reserved six months in advance. I remember taking the odyssey to the Jordan Commons just to play the new Soulcalibur 2. I still prefer the original but 2 is probably played the most.

CIRCA September 2003
Crystal when she was still shiny. Some say she's about the throw something. I love aliased lines. I'm bringing back. But this time in a REAL painting. I don't know how, but I'll do it.

"All the People Envy New My Guitar~!"

No comments: