Saturday, March 10, 2007

Estemmenosuchus Day


Hey~! An actually eskimo on spacekimos. 9"x7" Acrylics on Illustration Board

Five hours in it so far. I think it needs a few more but I decided with was far enough along to post. I was surprised at how smoothly this came together.

If only I could get one of these done a day. The only agonizing part is trying to think of an idea everyday.
Oh, and I found I had the preliminary drawing saved. Kinda. It's super blurry but definitely cuter than the painted one. I guess I gave her a chin.

Oh. . . you must see 300! It was probably the best movie I've ever seen, mostly. I changed my life.

4 comments:

jess smart smiley said...

Dang, Rob. The painting rocks! How big is it? I like the fish silhouettes and your lighting. Man, I always learn so much looking at your paintings and Dillon's stuff. I love all the textures.

Unknown said...

nice! love everything about this one. would love to not be chicken of traditional media...

and the drawings below rock!!

Dillon Thompson said...

Every painting you do gets better. I can tell that acrylic is working for you. I love the warm ligth. I has a perry feel to it. But don't take my word for it.

Unknown said...

no one in history will draw as many eskimos as you will, it is lookin great man.